Search Hello Iowa

June 4, 2012

Made it to Hawkeye Land


After a very long weekend of moving in and getting settled, Josh and I have finally gotten settled in our new apartment. Exploring the area has been a blast. The downtown area near campus is really cool...it has a lot of little shops, restaurants, and yoga studios. It's totally my scene. The area is also full of bike paths, which Josh and I explored yesterday. We figure we went about 15 miles around the town and campus, so we got a good workout. Plus, I feel like the only way to get to know a town is by getting yourself totally lost and finding your way back. I prefer to do so by means of bicycle or by foot, so I don't waste gas :)

Anyway, Josh went to work this morning, so I got up and cleaned our apartment (like scrubbed and swept and everything!) and got all ready for the day...by 9:30. Then it hit me: while this whole "living free" idea sounds appealing (a summer without work or commitments..SCORE!)...

I'm gonna get REAL bored REAL quick. 

So, I drove the big red truck downtown and squeezed in a parking spot, and this is where I will spend my afternoon. Walking up and down each and every street, begging for someone to hire me for part time work. I sure hope I find something, otherwise I will probably become trained to be the best housewife ever.

The Real Housewives of Iowa City? I could totally start that!

Just kidding. Let the job hunt begin!

P.S. Here was our first meal together in our new place: Lemon-Herb Seasoned Salmon, Cilantro-Lime Rice, and spinach salad. I got to use my new food processor to chop up all the veggies! LOVE IT!





No comments:

Post a Comment