Search Hello Iowa

July 23, 2012

Gran-ooola-la!

This weekend went by way too fast, I think. I spent a majority of my Saturday at work and volunteering at a swim meet. I've never been to a swim meet, but I got to be the timer for a few hours this weekend, and it was really cool. It definitely made me want to get back into the water. Maybe I'll do that sometime this week!

On Sunday, Josh and I went to church, and then decided that we would go hiking. We missed the "nice" morning weather though, and got outside right when the sun peeked out from the clouds and decided to shine again at 100 degree weather. Ughhh. Will it never end?! 

It's hawwwwwwt.

Like sweating through my shirt walking out to the car hawwwwt.

And I don't know if it's because of the hot weather or us being more active or what, but we both noticed that we were insatiably hungry yesterday. We have very little snack foods in our house (I think it's because I have convinced myself that every packaged snack food is "bad for you"), so we decided we should make our own! 

I should probably mention that these granola bars are good for you in moderation.

I will also mention that the original recipe comes from this website , but we made a few moderations according to what was in our pantry :)



Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup raisins
The recipe is really easy. Melt the peanut butter, honey, and vegetable oil in a sauce pan on medium-low heat. Mix together the oats, chocolate chips, and raisins and place into a greased 9x9 pan. Pour the melted oil and honey mixture on the oat mixture and fold together. Spread it evenly in the pan and place in the refrigerator overnight to harden. 



No comments:

Post a Comment