Search Hello Iowa

May 18, 2012

Dear Family, Meet Marinades

I guess I probably should have mentioned the fact that I'm not in Iowa yet. Because our lease doesn't start until June, Josh and I moved to our parent's homes for the two weeks between graduation and move in day. So I decided to take advantage of this separation time to really try to increase my cooking repertoire. I'm hoping for success on the first recipe!

Today was a big day at the Wright family household. I used a marinade other than Dale's sauce. Now don't get me wrong. I am a huge fan of the very delicious sauce that my mom slathers on steaks every time we eat them, but I thought we should branch out and try something new. (Don't know about Dale's sauce? Look for this in your grocery store!)


















Let me just say I have never tried this combination of spices and sauces, but if you asked me, it turned out pretty yummy.

For every two steaks, I combined these ingredients:


  • 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 6 drops hot sauce
  • 1 teaspoon thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper


Let the steaks swim for at least 4 hours (but overnight is better!)

















Because of the beautiful day, we're gonna fire up the grill and cook them to each person's preferences. Usually it takes 5-8 minutes on each side to cook them to how our family likes them, but cook it longer if you want it done more thoroughly.


The finished product. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment