Search Hello Iowa

June 21, 2012

Alison and Patrick at their wedding, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

It is no secret that I love weddings, but I especially love going to weddings bring the best people together. A prime example of a wedding like this is the one I went to this past weekend for my cousin Alison and her new husband (husband!) Patrick. They have been dating back into the days when AIM was utilized regularly (I remember reading in her "info box" - "Patrick and I held hands!!" hahahahah), so it was high time he put a ring on it. 

The ceremony was so full of tradition and like nothing I have ever seen before (except at my other cousin's weddings I guess..). I learned a lot about the Greek Orthodox wedding ceremony, and I thought it was really cool that they incorporated the Greek language into the ceremony. I totally teared up when my uncle walked Alison down the aisle, the same way I do at every single wedding I go to. I can only imagine my face when my dad does the same for me!

I'm blogging about this because I thought they had some really cute things, and really good ideas for the future. Patrick and Alison, you have a love that can move mountains. Love like yours is one that will surely last forever.

Such a sweet gesture, and so like them. Always being selfless.

A very girly touch to my tomboy cousin's reception hall. I loved it!

Pat's words: "Alison can beat me at most sports, except maybe tennis. So all I ask is that you let me win sometimes." 

Baseball theme!

Josh and I outside, enjoying the view.

Dad in his wedding suit and Mom, workin' it on the patio.

Britt and her "woman date". Leah actually caught the bouquet! 

Dad and Josh even got to bonding! (Can you find Britty?)

Dad got to use his brand new hip to get his groove on at the dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment