Search Hello Iowa

September 10, 2012

Engagement Party Bliss

These past few weeks have been crazy (and I promise an update on my internship is coming!), so I'm attempting to catch up here in the next few posts. Josh and I celebrated our engagement with our families this weekend. Because most of both our families live in the Milwaukee area, we decided to have it at Josh's dad's house. (Isn't it funny how things like that work out? All my life, I have been going to my aunt and uncle's house for Thanksgiving, and Josh's dad lives five minutes away. The stars decided to align only two years ago!)

We spent the day catching up with family we haven't seen in a while. We had about 40 people come over for the family portion, and then had friends over for a bonfire after. I finally got to hang out with Josh's best friends from high school. It's crazy to be at the point that you're practically married to someone and not even know their best friends yet! A bunch of my friends who live in the area were also able to come, and it was wonderful to be able for everyone to meet each other.

Here are some pre-engagement pictures for you to look at while we procrastinate booking our photographer :)



Schmidt Kids

My family (except my Dad, who is missing for some reason..)




Grandpa Schmidt (aka Schmidty, as he introduced himself to my mom) and Allie even posed for a picture! This grandpa cracks me up. The first time I met him, he asked me what my name was.

Me: Alex.
Grandpa: Alice?
Me: No, Alex.
Grandpa: Allie?
Me: No, A-lex. Like the boy name.
Grandpa: Alec, oohhh, okay.

At the time, I didn't have the heart to continue correcting him, so I figured it would work itself out. I thought wrong. When he got to the party, he handed Josh's mom a card addressed to "Josh and Alec". Luanne laughed and told him she would cross the "c" and make it into an "x" for him. He then walked over to me and said,

"I got somethin' to tell ya!"
Me: What? Did you forget my name again?
Grandpa: Nope, but I didn't know your name was Alex! All this time I thought it was Alec!

Oh good times, good times. Anyway, hope you enjoy the pictures. Like I said--internship updates are coming soon! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment